The recruitment and retention of qualified early childhood educators is a challenge facing early years programs. We strive to build our capacity for Indigenous registered early childhood educators working in our Indigenous communities.
Below are some tips and strategies.
- Online and local community ads
- Online community newsletters and websites
- Word of mouth
- Local job boards at colleges
- Contact the Early Childhood Education program manager at the local college to let them know you are looking at applicants
- Participate in job fairs
- Events held usually in spring or fall
- Use of promotional materials
- Invite current staff to participate
- Attract candidates by having solid policies and a welcoming environment.
- Share information on leadership or growth opportunities for staff in your program. This will likely attract candidates to know they will constantly be learning and growing.