- This event has passed.
FREE WEBINAR – Calm Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training
October 14 @ 7:00 pm
Join us Thursday October 14th, at 7PM EST for a
Calm Kids Yoga and Mindfulness Training for
Early Childhood Educators
Play and learning is central to this experiential webinar. Using games, songs, storytelling and a supportive, interactive environment, participants will learn specific tools, and teaching techniques they can use immediately in their early learning environments.
What benefits does yoga provide children?
- By incorporating yoga into early years classrooms educators help to cultivate an environment where children can feel happier, calmer, and more cooperative.
- Through the practice of yoga children will learn skills to help support self-regulation, body awareness and relaxation.
- Learning yoga helps to increase focus and concentration as well as encourage and support self-confidence and self-control.
What you will need for this webinar:
- Bring your smile, a yoga mat and an open heart.
- Come ready to participate in gentle and playful yoga movement and simple mindfulness activities.
- Dress comfortably so you can fully participate.
This workshop is suitable for total beginners to yoga and for those who already have a personal practice.
To register for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Note this will serve as your participation for the webinar as no certificates of participation will be issued.
About the Facilitator: Laura Fowler Massie ECE, M.Ed, RCYT
Calm Kids Yoga® Training for Early Childhood Educators was created by Laura Fowler Massie to help share the power and magic of yoga with other early years professionals. Laura is an experienced ECE with a BA in Psychology and a M.Ed in adult education. She is a Certified Hatha Yoga Teacher specializing in children’s, restorative & trauma-informed yoga. With more than 30 years in the early education sector she brings a wealth of knowledge to this webinar. Laura marries play and learning while supporting educators with practical hands-on games and teaching techniques. www.calmkidsyoga.ca