Learn with the experts on Self-Reg; Dr. Shanker and Dr. Hopkins; as they take a Self-Reg lens to the latest research on Brain Development!
August 27, 2021
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST
Join us as Dr. Stuart Shanker offers his most compelling, convincing and up-to-date presentation on the whys and wherefores of Self-Reg in this Self-Reg Global Presentation.
Topics that will be covered include:
- the vast and varied science that underpins and supports Shanker Self-Reg
- why it had been so hard to universally engender four key aspects of higher human functioning: rationality, freedom, morality and empathy
- the most important findings from recent brain research and what they mean for how we should live and educate & nurture children
- why being able to choose is about much more that self-control and thinking
- reframing the core concepts of morality and freedom
- how empathy is nurtured (or not) early in life
- the science of dysregulated stress systems
- why Self-Reg is so important for the future of a free, moral and interdependent world
- Dr. Susan Hopkins will follow with a workshop that will help participants assimilate these lessons and discuss the implications on parenting, caregiving and education.
Equity pricing also available
** This, and all webinars, are recorded so you can access them at a later date if the works best for you! **