You have professional knowledge and skills, and practical experiences in early childhood education – and that expertise can inform and support a number of our upcoming initiatives.
Engage with the College of Early Childhood Educators as a volunteer RECE Advisor to share your expertise on a variety of subjects. You can connect and participate from anywhere in Ontario. As an RECE Advisor, you’ll:
· gain networking opportunities;
· grow professionally;
· demonstrate leadership; and · contribute to the evolution of the ECE profession.
What will I contribute?
Depending on your questionnaire responses and the College initiatives, you may be invited to share your:
· professional story
· feedback on CPL resources to support RECEs
· knowledge of entry-to-practice issues to inform policy development
· leadership by serving as a peer mentor
· professional knowledge and experience by serving as an expert witness
· expertise for the College’s developing Sexual Abuse Prevention Program
Some types of engagement – like becoming a peer mentor or an expert witness – will require submitting a resume. Depending on the engagement type, an honorarium may be provided.
How do I start?
Complete the 15-minute questionnaire. Your responses will help us understand in which areas and ways you’re interested and able to contribute. We’re committed to including diverse voices, knowledge, experiences and perspectives, so we invite all RECEs to consider submitting a response. The questionnaire closes on September 3 at 11:59 p.m.
By sharing your expertise as an RECE Advisor, you’ll be helping the College to fulfill our mandate to serve and protect the public interest by regulating the ECE profession and support our vision of leadership in early learning and care by trusted, accountable professionals.